Calories in serving110
Delicious sweet, sour and spicy water spinach soup with chicken is Khmer country food. Back home Khmer Krom villagers also make this soup with fish, frog legs, eel, turtle or snail. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends.
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass||½|
|Chicken, cut to bite side||½|
|Tablespoons tamarind juice, or 1 tablespoon Knorr tamarind powder||2|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Asian water spinach *ta-kuon*, cut 3 inches length||0.5 kg|
|Stalk green onion, chopped||1|
|Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste (option)||3|
|handful of chopped fresh herbs; sweet basil leaves, and rice paddy herb *ma-om*||A|
Directions to make Chicken Sweet Sour Soup with Water Spinach
- Heat up a large soup pot, when it hot add oil and garlic.
- Sauté garlic till brown then removed roasted garlic from hot oil and put it in a small bowl, set a side.
- Add lemon grass, chicken and salt to soup pot with hot oil, sauté till chicken meat turns light brown.
- Add water and cook till chicken meat tender.
- Seasoning soup with tamarind, sugar and fish sauce.
- Add Asian water spinach, stirs and cook till soup bubbling.
- Top soup with green onion, herbs, roasted garlic and hot pepper.
- Serve hot with rice
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Cambodia cooking