|chicken drumsticks or wings||10|
|pork or chicken mince||250 kg|
|cup bean thread noodle soaked in warm water and chopped||1½|
|cup fresh or frozen lemongrass minced||1|
|slices fresh galangal root chopped finely||4|
|garlic cloves chopped finely||6|
|chili peppers chopped||3|
|small brown onion diced||1|
|teaspoon Kampot black pepper||1|
|teaspoon brown sugar||1|
|teaspoon fish sauce||1|
|teaspoon soy sauce||1|
A very well respected Cambodian appetizer and traditional dish due to the art of de-boning the chicken. Its authentic marinade and preparation are uniquely Khmer. A bite that will make you drool for the next!
- Using a small and very sharp paring knife cut around the chicken bone. Ease the flesh away from the bone and push the skin and flesh down to expose the bone. Carefully twist each bone out to break it. Continue for the remaining chicken drumsticks/wings.
- In a mortar and pestle, pound to a paste: garlic, lemongrass, galangal and chili.
- Preheat bbq or grill.
- Add to a large mixing bowl, the freshly made paste, minced meat, bean thread noodle, onion, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and mix well.
- Fill each boneless chicken with the mix.
- Bbq or grill on medium heat until meat is cooked through.
- Serve hot with Cambodian pickle.
- Can freeze stuffed chicken for up to 1 week.
- Can be baked in oven instead.