|Large head cabbage, peeled out the leaves from cabbage heart||½|
|Stalks green onions, peeled out the longest leaves||2|
|(just enough to cover cabbage and green onion)||Water|
|Grounded pork||0.5 kg|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||1|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Small package( 1.7 oz )bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water and chopped||1|
|Stalk green onion, chopped||1|
|Canned chicken broth||2|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||2|
|Stalks green onions, chopped||2|
Stuffed cabbage soup with grounded pork is delicious Khmer country food. The villagers usually prepare this soup on special occasions.
- Put cabbage and green onion leaves in a large pot with enough water to covered it, covered pot with lid and cook till water boiled, drained and set a side.
- In a large bowl, mix grounded pork with fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, bean threat noodles and green onion, mix well and set a side.
- Take a piece of cabbage lay it flat on the cutting board, spoons some prepared grounded pork stuffing and put it on 1/3 of cabbage’s leaf and wraps it like eggroll .
- Used green onion leaf to tie and secures it with toothpick if needed, set a side and continue till done. This recipe for 14 cabbage rolls.
- Put cabbage rolls, chicken broth and water in a soup pot, covered it with lid and simmering for 40 minutes.
- Seasoning soup with fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Top with chopped green onion before server.
- Don’t forget to removed tooth pick before serve.
- Serve hot with rice.