Bean Thread Noodles Soup with Pork
Delicious bean thread noodles soup with pork and fried pork skin is Khmer ethnic food. Back home, on Cambodian New Year Eve, Khmer cooks bean thread noodle soup with pork for food offerings because of tradition believe that pork is symbol of wealth, and bean thread noodles is symbol of harmony.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|1/2 package of bean thread noodle|
|1/2 oz (14 gram) of fried pork skins|
|1 lb (450 gram) of chicken bones|
|5 cups of water|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of pork meat, sliced thin|
|1 yellow onion, sliced|
|1 carrot, peeled and sliced|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 stalks green onion, chopped|
|A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped|
Directions to make Bean Thread Noodles Soup with Pork
- Soaked bean thread noodles and fried pork skin with warm water in separated bowls till it soften.
- Drained bean thread noodles and cut length in half, set a side.
- Drained fried pork skin and cut in to chunks bite sizes, set a side.
- Put chicken bones and water in a soup pot and cook till the chicken meat tender, removed chicken bones from soup pot.
- Add pork meat, yellow onion, carrot and fried pork skins, and cook till meat tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Add bean thread noodles in to boiling soup, stirs well.
- Top with green onion and cilantro before serve.
- Note: If soup thicken diluted with more chicken broth or water.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Curry Pork Riblets
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 873