Cambodian Chicken Flat Noodle Porridge
This Cambodian chicken flat noodle porridge soup is similar to chicken rice porridge, the only thing different is you don’t use rice instead you use big flat noodle. The chicken or Pork bone broth is the main ingredient in this recipe.
|1 package of rice noodle|
|1/2 chicken or 1 hen wash set aside|
|16 cups of water or chicken broth|
|3 tablespoon of dried shrimp wash set aside|
|2 tablespoon of salted dried cabbage (tang Chay)|
|2 tablespoon of chicken flavor soup bouillon|
|2 tablespoon of fish sauce or salt (if you use salt do less)|
|3 tablespoon of sugar|
Green onion oil and garlic
|2 green onions chop|
|3 garlic cloves minced|
|3 tablespoon of olive oil to fry the onion and garlic|
In a non stick fry pan add oil until hot then add garlic fry for few minutes then add green onion. Fry until golden brown. Take it out and set aside. This part is to put in the soup when it is done.
To garnish the soup bowl
|Salted or sweet soy bean|
|Saw tooth coriander (Jee Bunlar) thinly slice|
|Green onion cut thinly|
|Fried garlic (if you have time mince lot of garlic and fry with oil ahead of time)|
|Thai chili paste|
|Fry bread (optimal)|
Directions to make Cambodian Chicken Flat Noodle Porridge
- Put 16 cups of water in a big soup pot until boiling then add chicken or hen or pork of your choice
- Cook on high heat until the meat done, take the meat or chicken out let cool down then shred the meat and set aside.
- Turn the heat off keep the broth.
- Turn the heat back on now add dried shrimps, dried cabbage, chicken soup, fish sauce or salt, sugar, taste and adjust the flavor,
- Now add noodle and shredded meat or chicken to the broth make sure you adjust the noodle according to the broth.
- If you use fresh noodle don’t cook too long couple minutes is all you need or the noodle will turn to mash, it is almost the same as dried noodle if you soak it long enough.
- Taste your soup and add salt or sugar to you taste, turn the heat off
- Now add fried garlic and green onion to the soup pot stir and let it cool a bit before serve.
- When ready to serve spoon the noodle soup into soup bowl and garnish with the above ingredients,
Sugar, salted soy bean, saw tooth, green onion, bean sprouts, chili, lime juice, ect., according to your liking.
Related Recipe: Thai Green Curry Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1245