Cambodian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Cambodian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe is made from ground chicken or pork, mushroom, water chestnut, lettuce and other ingredients. Khmer food is one of the best cooking cuisines in Asian recipes. Cambodian recipes have similarities like other Asian food, Khmer krom, Kampuchea krom, Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese.
|1 lbs of ground chicken or pork, it is best if you dice the chicken to small pieces.|
|1/4 cup of diced mushroom|
|1/4 cup of diced water chestnut|
|1/4 cup of diced bell pepper or carrot|
|1/4 cup of diced celery|
|1/4 cup of chopped onion|
|2 cloves of minced garlic|
|2 green onion thinly slice|
|Cilantro for garnish|
|1 head of lettuce|
For the noodle
|1 tsp of white vinegar or rice vinegar|
|1 tsp of chili sauce|
|3 tsp of hoisin sauce|
|2 tsp of soy sauce|
|1 tsp of sesame oil (optional)|
Mix them all in a bowl and set aside
You need one bunch of bean thread noodle break apart and puff in hot oil only need few second with hot oil.
Directions to make Cambodian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- In a hot wok add 1 tablespoon of oil sauté the garlic till brown
- Add mushroom, water chestnut, bell pepper or carrot, celery, onion and stir fry till it is tender or soft enough, take it out and set aside
- Add another tablespoon of oil in to the wok stir fry the chicken till done or meat turns white, and then add the vegetables back, then add the stir fry sauce mix well till it all heat through.
- Add green onion mix it together then turn the heat off.
- When ready to serve spoon the chicken mixture into lettuce leave, if you cut around the lettuce a bit you will have a cup size to hold your chicken better.
I make sauce to go with this lettuce wrap by mixing a combination of hoisin, rice vinegar, and chili sauce and add a bit of water if it is too thick. Adjust the taste to what you like.
Related Recipe: Easy Fried Orange Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 734