Cambodian Curry Noodle
For Cambodian Curry Noodle you can make any kind of curry to go along with the rice noodle, but for Khmer curry noodle is a bit different, we use fresh curry paste mix with some red or yellow curry paste or only fresh curry paste. I often mix with Thai red curry paste.
To make chicken curry
|1 can of coconut milk or cream|
|1/4 cup of homemade curry paste|
|3 tablespoon of red curry paste|
|5 star aniseeds|
|Half of chicken cut to bite size|
|2 tablespoon of vegetable oil|
|3 Potatoes cut to bite size|
|3 to 4 carrots to bites size|
|1 onion sliced|
|Sugar to your taste|
|Fish sauce to your taste|
|Water as needed|
|if you like you can use bamboo shoots and long beans instead of potatoes and carrots all up to you.|
For the Kroeung Curry paste
|2 stalk or lemongrass white part only thinly sliced|
|2 to 3 big pieces of galangals thinly sliced|
|7 Kaffir lime leaves thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon of salt|
|7 cloves of garlic|
|1 big red dried Mexican pepper soaked wash thinly sliced|
|1/2 teaspoon of turmeric|
|1 tablespoon of shrimp paste|
|In a food processor or mortar and pestle pound everything to paste add shrimp paste last and set aside .|
For the vegetables
|Banana blossom and so on|
Directions to make Cambodian Curry Noodle
- In a big pot add oil turn to medium heat until oil is hot then add curry paste both homemade and store bought fry until fragrant then add star aniseeds half can of coconut milk stir until all mix and bubble
- Now add the chicken stir and cook for 15 minutes add water enough to cover the meat and cook until the meat is tender
- Add Potatoes and carrots, the rest of the coconut milk and more water to your desire enough to cover the potatoes and carrots cook until the chicken and carrots is soft add onion cook till the flavor come together.
- Taste and adjust the flavor with sugar and fish sauce.
- Curry can take about 1 hour to cook for the best flavor.
- For the noodle you can use rice noodle for Num Banch Chock or sometime I use top ramen just boil the noodle drain and don’t use any of the seasoning packages.
To serve Curry noodle
Put the noodle in a large bowl
Spoon the curry soup on top then add the vegetables, chili, lime juice salt and sugar as desire.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Lemongrass Fish
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 858