Cambodian Deep Fried Egg Rolls
This Cambodian Deep Fried Egg Rolls are popular in Vietnamese and Cambodian and often make egg rolls with Taro roots, while the Chinese make it with cabbage. Serve these egg rolls with Thai sweet and chili sauce.
|1 package of Thai spring rolls wrappers (25 to 30 wrappers)|
|1/2 lb of ground pork|
|1/2 lb of minced prawn or shrimp|
|2 cups of shredded taro roots|
|1 cup of shredded carrot|
|1 bunch of bean thread noodle soak wash cut to small pieces|
|1 cup of dried mushroom or cloud ears soak wash cut to small pieces|
|2 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar (more or less up to you)|
|1 tablespoon of sesame oil (optional)|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|3 cloves minced garlic|
|1/2 onion chopped|
|6 cups of vegetable oil for deep fry|
|Thai sweet and Chili sauce to serve with the egg rolls|
Directions to make Cambodian Deep Fried Egg Rolls
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until all combine and sticky.
- Take one tablespoon of mixture and lay on the corner of the wrapper
- Roll the egg roll according to package direction, if you need to freeze the egg rolls line them up on cookie sheet and freeze it for few hours until hard then put them in Ziploc store egg rolls up to a month or longer in the freezer.
- In a deep wok or fry pan put 6 cups of oil turn the heat to medium until hot; add few egg rolls at the time deep fry until golden brown then take it out drain on paper towel.
- Egg rolls can be served with rice noodle salad, or as appetizer with sweet and chili sauce or peanut sauce.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Chicken Rice Congee
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1040