Cambodian Grilled Beef With Lime Sauce
Cambodian Grilled Beef With Lime Sauce, this flank steak is flavorful, but without covering the tender, meatiness of the cut. Combined with the lime sauce (tuk prahok) make it even more delicious and bring a brightness and acidity to heavier dishes for the meal.
|1 cup of mix Mint, basil, Vietnamese mint ect…(cut very thin)|
|2 to 3 Thai chilies or 1 Jalapeno|
|4 cloves of garlic|
|1 stalk of lemongrass slice very thin|
|2 tablespoon of cook prohok (fermented fish)|
|1 lime juice|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|Clover sprouts or bean sprouts|
|Thai round eggplant (cut very thin for tuk prahok or slices thin for dip)|
|1lb (900 gram) of Beefsteak|
Directions to make Cambodian Grilled Beef With Lime Sauce
- Grill or roast chilies and garlic until it is golden brown and soft (you don’t need to grill, it taste better if you do)
- In a mortar pestle pound the grilled garlic, chilies with ½ t of salt to paste
- In a bowl combine, lemongrass, eggplant (if you use it) mints basil with garlic paste and lime juice with cooked prahok, fish sauce or more salt up to your taste.
- Mix it well taste to adjust the flavor to your liking, it is best to add a little msg to any khmer prahok recipes
- Grill the meat and let it rest for 15 minutes so the juice stay inside the meat.
- Arrange the rest of the vegetables on the plate
To serve get a piece of lettuce leaves, sliced eggplants, sprouts, mint and meat on top fold the lettuce then dip in tuk prahok. You need good Steak grill to medium rare
To make a good Khmer grill beef is depend on tuk prahok.
Related Recipe: Khmer Prahok Ktis Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 499