Cambodian Lemongrass Sausage Recipe
Cambodian Lemongrass Sausage Recipe is made from pork shoulder, pork casing wash, cold rice and other ingredients. This generations old sausage method combines ground and diced meats for a more rustic and hearty sausage.
|3 1/2 lbs of pork shoulder, butt or beef with 25% fat.|
|1/2 cup of minced garlic|
|10 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup of minced lemongrass|
|1/3 cup of minced galangal|
|3 tablespoon of oyster sauce|
|2 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 package of Thai nam power (this help to sour)|
|1 package of red Chinese BBQ seasoning power|
|1 to 2 tablespoon of crush Thai chilies for hot and spicy sausage (optional)|
|1 cup of cold rice or left over rice is best|
|pork casing wash the salt inside and outside.|
Directions to make Cambodian Lemongrass Sausage Recipe
- Cut meat to small pieces(this is best for all Khmer sausages) Pork belly will give enough fat to the sausage.
- In a mortar and pestle pound the lemongrass, galangal, garlic, and kaffir lime leaves to paste.
- In a big bowl put meat and all the ingredients together mix it well with your hand.
- Use Kitchen Aid to stuff my sausage it is very fast and easy, but if you don’t have one use any kind of clean tube that has a larger top so you can force the sausage into casing, this will take a long time.
- After finish stuffing twist the sausages to a link like what I did in my picture. Hang the sausage under the sun to dry for a day or so, Keep the sausages in the refrigerator or in the freezer for later.
- Grill or pan fries your sausages like any sausages.
Cambodian Lemongrass Sausage serve with any kind of bread or rice.
Thank you and enjoy it
Related Recipe: Cambodian Fried Lemon Grass Chicken Recipe
Serving Size: 6
Calories Per Serving: 1024