Chicken Sweet Sour Soup with Water Spinach
Delicious Chicken Sweet Sour Soup with Water Spinach is Khmer country food. Back home Khmer Krom villagers also make this soup with fish, frog legs, eel, turtle or snail.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|2 cloves of garlic,minced|
|1/2 cup of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|1 lb (450 gram) of chicken, cut to bite side|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|6 cups of water|
|2 tablespoons of tamarind juice, or 1 tablespoon of Knorr tamarind powder|
|1 tablespoons of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1 lb (450 gram) of asian water spinach *ta-kuon*, cut 3 inches length|
|1 stalk of green onion, chopped|
|3 chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste (option)|
|A handful of chopped fresh herbs; sweet basil leaves, and rice paddy herb *ma-om*|
Directions to make Chicken Sweet Sour Soup with Water Spinach
- Heat up a large soup pot, when it hot add oil and garlic.
- Sauté garlic till brown then removed roasted garlic from hot oil and put it in a small bowl, set a side.
- Add lemon grass, chicken and salt to soup pot with hot oil, sauté till chicken meat turns light brown.
- Add water and cook till chicken meat tender.
- Seasoning soup with tamarind, sugar and fish sauce.
- Add Asian water spinach, stirs and cook till soup bubbling.
- Top soup with green onion, herbs, roasted garlic and hot pepper.
Serve hot with rice
Related: Bamboo Shoot and Slirk Ngup Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 578