Chinese BBQ Pork or Char Siu pork recipe
Delicious Chinese BBQ Pork or Char Siu pork recipe is made mainly from pork. Char siu literally means fork burn or roast. It is traditional Chinese cooking method for the dish. This is best cooked over charcoal, but importantly to cook with indirect heat.
|2 to 3 lbs of pork loin|
|1 pg of Chinese BBQ sauce (red color)|
|1 cup of water|
|2 tsp of hoisin sauce|
|2 tsp of soy sauce|
|1 tsp of ginger minced|
|1 tsp of garlic minced|
|1 tsp of rice wine|
Directions to make Chinese BBQ Pork or Char Siu pork recipe
- In a large bowl combine the BBQ sauce with 1 cup of water, mix well
- Add hoisin, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and rice wine
- Marinate the pork overnight
- Roast the pork in 350 degree oven on a rack over pan of water for 1 hour or till the pork is done
- Be sure to turn the meat one while roasting.
- When ready to serve slice bbq pork to ¼ inch.
Chinese BBQ Pork usually serve with Chinese Hot mustard and sesame seeds or ketchup. I serve it with honey mustard at Safeway.
Thank you and enjoy it
Serving Size: 3
Calories Per Serving: 1139