Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken
This homemade Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken has tender meat with a deep savory flavor. It is usually found hanging under heat lamps in many Chinese restaurant. It’s a Cantonese dim sum that easy to make at home.
|4 to 5 lbs chicken wash clean let the water drip off the chicken, set aside.|
|2/3 cup of soy sauce|
|1 cup of water|
|1/2 cup of brown sugar|
|4 slices of ginger|
|4 star anises|
|1 cinnamon stick|
|3 cloves of garlic sliced|
|3 green onion cut in half|
Directions to make Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken
- In a large wok or large pot big enough to put the whole chicken in and still have a bit of room left
- Heat wok on high heat adds all the ingredients and brings to a boil
- Now add the chicken carefully and let the chicken cook for 2 minutes on high heat then turn the heat to medium boil for 15 minutes, while the liquid is boiling carefully spoon the soy liquid and pour on the chicken several times so the chicken will turn brown color on all side.
- After 15 minutes on one side turn the chicken to the other side and boil for another 15 minutes, continue pour the soy liquid on the top of the chicken for the next 15 minutes, then turn the heat off. Keep the liquid to make dipping sauce by cook it down until it is thicker and drain all the spices (through it away) keep the sauce to serve with chicken. (Total cooking time is 30minutes on both sides)
- Heat the oven to 350 degree line up a deep baking pan with foil and spray the foil.
- Take the chicken out from the wok and lay on the baking pan (don’t cover the chicken while baking)
- Bake the chicken for 45 minutes or until it is done and juice run clear
- Take the chicken out spray the outside skin with cooking spray and put it back in the oven for 15 more minutes this will help to make the chicken skin crispy, after 15 minutes turn the oven off and take the chicken out let it cool a bit before serving. (This part is optional you don’t have to do it)
Serve your Chinese Soy Chicken with tomato, cucumber and the sauce with steam rice.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Salmon Lime Soup
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 829