Curry Beef Tripe Soup
Curry Beef Tripe Soup with eggplant, lotus shoots and coconut soup is absolutely delicious Khmer ethnic food. The soup does require a long cooking time, so a pressure cooker is ideal for making it. You can use a regular stock pot, but it will take two to three hours to cook the tripe to the desired tenderness.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of Beef tripe, soaked in vinegar, scrubs with baking soda, rinsed well|
|6 Cups of water|
|2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 Cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 Cup of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of beef, sliced thin|
|2 Tablespoons of curry powder|
|1/4 Teaspoon of paprika|
|1 Tablespoon of sugar|
|2 Tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/2 Teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 Large Asian of egg plant, cut chunks|
|8 of Boiled lotus shoot, rinsed and drained|
|2 Kaffir lime leaf|
|1 Cup of coconut milk|
|4 Cups of water|
|2 Stalks of green onion, chopped ½ inch in length|
Directions to make Curry Beef Tripe Soup
- Put beef tripe and 6 cups water in a large pot, cook for 30 minutes, drained and rinsed well under cold water, cut to chunks bite sizes, set a side.
- Pre-heat a soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass, sliced beef and beef tripe, stir well.
- Seasoning with curry powder, paprika, sugar, fish sauce, salt and black pepper.
- Add eggplant, lotus shoots and kaffir lime leaves.
- Add coconut milk and 4 cups water, and simmering till meat tender.
- Top with green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Beef Curry with Mango
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 915