Easy Fried Mozzarella String Cheese
This Easy Fried Mozzarella String Cheese is a handy snack when you make ahead and freeze it for few weeks. I fry my string cheese and it tastes really good, dip with any pizza sauce, ranch, or any sauce you like.
|16 to 20 Mozzarella String Cheese (peel and set aside)|
|1/2 cup of flour|
|1/2 teaspoon of seasoning salt (any kind you like)|
|1/4 cup of milk|
|1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs|
|1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning flakes or any herb you like|
Directions to make Easy Fried Mozzarella String Cheese
- In first plate beat milk and eggs
- In the second plate mix flour with seasoning salt
- In the third plate mix Panko with Italian seasoning
- Take a string cheese dip in egg then roll it in flour
- Dip again in egg then roll it in panko bread crumbs
- If you want the thickness of the bread crumbs you dip it again in egg then roll back in bread crumbs
- Lay each string cheese on baking tray and freeze it for 1 hour (I made 50 string cheeses at a time and freeze it for later)
- Put enough oil in fry pan heat oil on medium heat until hot drop few pieces of string cheeses and fry each side until golden brown turning one, take out and drain on paper towel.
- Bake at 400 degree for 5 minutes each side until brown make sure you keep checking it depend on the oven.
Let it cool serve with any sauce you like even salsa as appetizer
Note: you have to freeze it for 1 hour before you fry them or else the bread crumbs will not stick to the cheese.
Related Recipe: Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Celery
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1154