Calories in serving120
Asian purple spinach with sweet potato and fish soup flavor with lemon grass and *mam* fermented fish is tasty Khmer country food. For this recipe I used catfish nuggets instead of tradition Asian catfish (trey naing)that we usually cook back home. Catfish nuggets are pieces of belly flaps, it is cheapest and taste great. Fresh catfish nuggets has very mild odor and light pink color. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Fish and Asian Purple Spinach Soup with me.
|Tablespoon vegetable oil||1|
|Cloves garlic, minced||2|
|Cup minced fresh or frozen lemon grass||¼|
|Tablespoons roasted rice powder||3|
|Finely chopped hot chili pepper (option)||2|
|Cup sweet potato( already peeled and cut to cubes)||1|
|Catfish nuggets||0.50 kg|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Tablespoon creamy style mam, or creamy style pahok, (option)||1|
|Bunch (approx 2 lbs) Asian purple spinach, removed leaves from it stems, washed and drained||1|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||2|
Directions to make Fish and Asian Purple Spinach Soup
- Pre-heat a soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass, rice powder and hot chili pepper, stirs well.
- Add water, sweet potato and fish, cook till fish and sweet potato tender.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, and *mam* or *pahok*.
- Add Asian purple spinach leaves and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Top with green onion before serve.
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodia Dessert, Asian recipe