Fish Curry Recipe
Savoring fish with spicy coconut curry sauce and eggplant is authentic Khmer recipe. One of the recipes that my family always cook during New Year celebration week. Back home, we cook fish curry with mainly snakehead fish (trey tok), catfish (trey naing) or basa fish. But any kind of fish that you prefer will work with this recipe.
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|3 tablespoons of minced fresh or frozen lemon grass|
|2 fresh hot chili pepper, chopped (option)|
|1/2 teaspoon of paprika|
|1 tablespoon of curry powder|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|1 cup of water|
|1 cup of coconut milk|
|1 table spoon of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|1 whole medium size trout, cleaned and cut about 3 inches chunks|
|2 asian egg plant,cut an inch half in length|
Directions to make Fish Curry
- Pounded garlic, lemon grass, hot chili pepper, paprika and curry in a small mortal by hand, or by food processor.
- Pre heat a wok or skillet.
- When wok is hot, add oil and prepared spices, stirs well, add water and coconut milk.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt and sugar, stirs well, add fish and eggplant to curry sauce.
- Cover with lid and cook in low heat, turns fish and eggplant occasionally, cook till eggplant tender.
Serve hot with rice.
Related: Khmer Lemony Fish Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 886