|Cloves garlic, minced||2|
|Tablespoons minced fresh or frozen lemon grass||3|
|Fresh hot chili pepper, chopped (option)||2|
|Tablespoon curry powder||1|
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Cup coconut milk||1|
|Table spoon fish sauce||1|
|Whole medium size trout, cleaned and cut about 3 inches chunks||1|
|Asian egg plant,cut an inch half in length||2|
Savoring fish with spicy coconut curry sauce and eggplant is authentic Khmer food. One of the recipes that my family always cook during New Year celebration week. Back home, we cook fish curry with mainly snakehead fish (trey tok), catfish (trey naing) or basa fish. But any kind of fish that you prefer will work with this recipe.
- Pounded garlic, lemon grass, hot chili pepper, paprika and curry in a small mortal by hand, or by food processor.
- Pre heat a wok or skillet.
- When wok is hot, add oil and prepared spices, stirs well, add water and coconut milk.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt and sugar, stirs well, add fish and eggplant to curry sauce.
- Cover with lid and cook in low heat, turns fish and eggplant occasionally, cook till eggplant tender.
- Serve hot with rice.