Fish Maw and Crab Soup
This is gourmet soup that you’ll find in many wedding banquets. Due to the outrage price of Shark’s fin many people substitute with much affordable Fish maw. Let’s start your first time to make Fish Maw and Crab Soup
FYI: There’s an error from packing product for Hung Loi Trading Co. If you never see what fish maw look like you may buy fried pigskin instead. It was label wrong, the package says Dried Fish Maw but it actually Fried Pigskin. This product made in Viet Nam. Fish maw. is long and circular tube while fried pig skin is come in a sheet.
|8 oz (230 gram) of fish maw. Soaked in warm water, rinsed and drained. Cut to bite sizes.|
|6 oz (170 gram) of canned cooked lump Crab meat.|
|3 Imitation crab meat. (Option).|
|2 cans of chicken broth.|
|1 cup of water.|
|¼ teaspoon of grated fresh ginger root.|
|½ cup of finely chopped yellow onion.|
|1 stalk of green onion, chopped|
|1 canned (230 gram) of straw mushrooms.|
|½ cup of frozen mix vegetables.|
|½ teaspoon of oyster sauce.|
|½ teaspoon of salt.|
|½ teaspoon of sesames oil.|
|1 tablespoon of sugar.|
|A dash of black pepper.|
|1 teaspoon of cornstarch.|
|2 tablespoon of water.|
|2 egg. Beaten.|
|1 clove of garlic. Minced.|
|1 tablespoon of cooking oil.|
Directions to make Fish Maw and Crab Soup
- Mix 1 cornstarch with 2 Tablespoon water, set it a side.
- Heat up the soup pot, when it hot add cooking oil.
- Immediately, add garlic, yellow onion, ginger and fish mau. Stirs till onion brown.( Do not let it burn).
- Pour chicken broth in to the soup pot. Let it cook in medium heat until fish maw tender.
- Add mix vegetables ,and straw mushroom. Simmering until the vegetables tender.
- Drops beaten eggs, a little at a time in to the soup. Stirs.
- Pour in cornstarch water. Stirs.
- Add cooked crabmeat and immitation crabmeat. Stirs.
- Seasoning with sugar, salt and oyster sauce.
- Sprinkles with chopped green onion and black pepper.
Related Recipe: White Asparagus with Crab Meat Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 623