Fried Rice Noodles with Pork and Shrimp
Rice noodle stir fried with pork belly and shrimp is delicious Khmer food. It is simple and easy to make at home.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|6 cups of water|
|1 package of fresh rice noodle (katiev) or 1/2 package rice dried rice noodle|
|1 teaspoon of fish sauce|
|1 teaspoon of soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon of sugar|
|3 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|4 oz (113 gram) of pork belly (sach chrouk bey choen), sliced thin|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 yellow onion, sliced|
|1 carrot, peeled and julienne|
|8 oz (230 gram) of shrimp, peel and divined|
|8 oz (230 gram) of bean sprout, washed and drained|
|4 oz (113 gram) of chive, cut 2 inches in length|
|1 stalk of green onion, chopped|
Directions to make Fried Rice Noodles with Pork and Shrimp
- Put 6 cups water in a large pot, add noodle to boiling water cook till noodle tender( 10 minutes for fresh noodle and about 20 minutes for dried noodle), do not over cook noodle. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed with cold water and set a side to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix water with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar together, mix well and set a side. Heat up a non- stick skillet or wok.
- When wok is hot, add oil, garlic and pork meat, stirs, add salt and black pepper, stirs well till meat tender.
- Add yellow onion, carrot and shrimp, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color.
- Add cooked noodle stirs till noodle hot.
- Seasoning with prepared sauce, stirs well, add bean sprouts, chive and green onion, stirs well.
Serve hot with sweet fish sauce.
Related: Roasted Duck Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 775