Calories in serving100
Grapefruit with green papaya and mussel is one of Khmer favorite appetizers *mahope sar*. Apple snail and Cherrystone is very good with this recipe also. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Grapefruit Mussel Salad with me.
|Mussel, scrubbed and cleaned shells||1 kg|
|Tablespoons fresh lime juice||2|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||1|
|Green papaya, approx 2 lbs, peeled, seeded and shredded, or 4 cups already shredded green papaya||1|
|handful chopped fresh mint and sweet basil||A|
|Hot chili pepper, chopped (option)||2|
|Cup unsalted roasted peanut,crushed||¼|
Directions to make Grapefruit Mussel Salad
- Put mussel in a large pot, pour water enough to cover the mussel and boiled till it shells opened, drained. Removed mussel meat from shells and set it a side.
- Peeled and seeded grapefruit, separate each segment into chunks bite sizes and set a side.
- In a small bowl, mix fresh lime juice with sugar, salt and fish sauce, set a side.
- In a large bowl, mix shredded green papaya, mussel, grapefruit and fresh herbs together, pour lime sauce on top and mix well.
- Top with roasted peanut and chili pepper before serve.
- Serve with sweet fish sauce
- or with Khmer favorite pickle fish dipping sauce (tirk pahok)
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food cooking, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipe