Homemade Orange Chicken Recipe
A delicious Homemade Orange Chicken Recipe with flavors reminiscent of the orange chicken from a popular restaurant in the mall. It make with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic orange sauce.
|1 tablespoon of sliced ginger|
|1 tablespoon of sliced orange peel|
|2 chicken breasts cut into cube or bite site.|
|1 green onion for garnish|
|1 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds for garnish|
|4 cups of oil to deep fry the chicken.|
|2 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice|
|1/2 cup of orange juice or fresh orange juice|
|1/4 cup of chicken broth|
|2 tablespoon of sugar or less up to you|
|1 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon of rice wine|
|1 tablespoon of cornstarch|
Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan on medium heat until boil then reduce heat to low stir until the sauce is thicken, turn the heat off let the sauce cool, set aside until ready to cook
Coat the Chicken
|1/2 cup of flour|
|1/4 cup of cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon of baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon of baking soda|
|1/2 cup of cold water|
Mix them together and dip the chicken to coat and deep fry right away.
this is a single recipe for 1 lb chicken. Do adjust the thickness of the batter with water.
Note as any other deep fry food Orange chicken need to be eaten right away. If you want the sauce in red color you can use about tablespoon of katchup.
Directions to make Homemade Orange Chicken Recipe
- In a wok heat oil until hot then dip the chicken piece in the batter, drop few pieces at a time in the hot oil, deep fry until golden brown, take it out and drain on paper towel. Take the oil out.
- In the same wok add 1 T of oil until hot fry ginger, orange peel until fragrant then add chicken back to the wok then add sauce mix well. Cook until the sauce is thickened and the flavor come together.
- Turn the heat off sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds serve hot with rice.
- Batter to coat the chicken for sweet and sour or orange chicken
- You can use tempura batter from the store is ok.
Related Recipe: Slow Cook Pot Chuck Roast
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 287