Homemade Sweet Rice Cake
This Homemade Sweet Rice Cake is Japanese and Korean sweet and it is very easy to make. You need to buy one box of Mochiko Sweet Rice Flour (Blue Star Brand from Asian store) and one can of Sweet Red Bean Paste.
|1 tablespoon of red bean paste|
|1 cup of Mochiko rice flour (this only give about 8 Mochi)|
|3/4 cup of water|
|1 tablespoon of sugar (if you like it sweet add more sugar)|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1 drop of any food coloring you like|
Directions to make Homemade Sweet Rice Cake
- Take a 1 tablespoon of red bean paste and roll it to a small ball set aside do as many as you like.
- Mix and combine all the ingredients in a bowl to paste, cover and microwave for 3 minutes
- Take it out mix it again to make sure all part of four is cooked through
- Now put in back in the microwave for 1 minute, when it is done knead it with a wooden spoon until you
- See the elastic kind of dough
- Flour working surface with potato flour (sometime I use regular flour) enough to handle the sticky dough knead and divide the dough into 8 equal parts, then flat the dough in the palm of your hand place the red bean filling in the center and roll it to a round ball shape dust it with potato flour place it in a baking paper cup.
- You can also dust it with shredded coconut flake on the outside it tastes good.
- This Mochi Sweet Rice Cake is also good for gift by putting it in a nice cake box.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Bean Thread Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 627