Indonesian Turmeric Rice Recipe
Indonesian Turmeric Rice Recipe is super easy and a delicious fragrant rice dish. This recipe made with Basmati rice cooked in coconut milk, lemongrass and turmeric which giving it a golden yellow color.
|2 cups of basmati rice|
|1.5 cup of Ayam brand coconut milk|
|1.5 cup of water|
|1 tablespoon of turmeric powder|
|2 pandan leaves, knotted|
|1 stalk of lemon grass, bruised|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 teaspoon of salt|
Directions to make Indonesian Turmeric Rice Recipe
- Rinse basmati rice several times till water runs clear. Drain well in a colander.
- Place grains, coconut milk, water and spices into the rice cooker.
- Select ‘white rice’ function and cook till rice is done.
- Remove pandan leaves, lemongrass and bay leaves.
- Fluff up the rice before serving.
Related Recipe: Malay Spicy Tomato Chicken
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1130