Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup
Delicious authentic Cambodian seafood noodles soup with fish, grounded pork and shrimp. It is easy to cook at home.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|8 cups of water|
|1 package of rice vermicelli noodles|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of catfish fillet|
|1 tablespoon of shredded preserved cabbage|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 large yellow onion, sliced|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of grounded pork|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp, peeled ,de-veined and grounded|
|3 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|2 tablespoons of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black peppers|
|5 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of bean sprouts, washed well and drained|
|1 cucumber, peeled and julienne|
|A handful fresh mint leaves, chopped|
|3 chopped hot chili peppers (option)|
|1 lime or lemon, sliced|
Directions to make Cambodian Seafood Noodles Soup
- Cook 8 cups water in a large pot till water bubbling, add noodle to boiling water and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed under cold water and set a side to drained.
- Boil 6 cups water in a large soup pot.
- When water boiled add fish and cook till fish tender, removed cooked fish from soup stock and put it in a bowl.
- Using a fork to break up fish filet in to small chunks, when done set a side.
- Add preserved cabbage in the soup stock, keep soup stock simmering in low heat.
- Heat up a small skillet.
- When skillet hot, add oil, saute’ garlic, yellow onion and grounded pork, stirs well.
- Seasoning meat with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- When meat cooked add shrimp, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color, put stir-fry meat and shrimp in soup stock, simmering till soup boiling, add cooked fish, stirs well, keep soup simmering on stove before serve.
- In a large bowl, mix bean sprouts, cucumber and mint leaves together, and set a side.
Put some mixed vegetables in a bowl, add cooked noodle on top, pour hot soup over and top with chopped green onion. Serve hot along with chili pepper and slice of lime.
Related Recipe: Cambodia Pumpkin Coconut Custard
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 463