|Package rice vermicelli noodles||1|
|Catfish fillet||1 kg|
|Tablespoon shredded preserved cabbage||1|
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Cloves garlic, minced||3|
|Large yellow onion, sliced||3|
|Grounded pork||0.25 kg|
|Shrimp, peeled ,de-veined and grounded||0.25 kg|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||3|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||5|
|Bean sprouts ,washed well and drained||0.25 kg|
|Cucumber, peeled and julienne||1|
|handful fresh mint leaves ,chopped||A|
|Chopped hot chili peppers (option)||3|
|Lime or lemon, sliced||1|
Delicious authentic Khmer seafood noodle recipe with fish, grounded pork and shrimp.
- Cook 8 cups water in a large pot till water bubbling, add noodle to boiling water and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed under cold water and set a side to drained.
- Boil 6 cups water in a large soup pot.
- When water boiled add fish and cook till fish tender, removed cooked fish from soup stock and put it in a bowl.
- Using a fork to break up fish filet in to small chunks, when done set a side.
- Add preserved cabbage in the soup stock, keep soup stock simmering in low heat.
- Heat up a small skillet.
- When skillet hot, add oil, saute’ garlic, yellow onion and grounded pork, stirs well.
- Seasoning meat with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- When meat cooked add shrimp, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color, put stir-fry meat and shrimp in soup stock, simmering till soup boiling, add cooked fish, stirs well, keep soup simmering on stove before serve.
- In a large bowl, mix bean sprouts, cucumber and mint leaves together, and set a side.
Put some mixed vegetables in a bowl, add cooked noodle on top, pour hot soup over and top with chopped green onion. Serve hot along with chili pepper and slice of lime.