Khmer Taro Pork Spring Roll
There are so many different kinds of Khmer Taro Pork Spring Roll, but pork spring roll with taro is one of my favorite recipes to make because it’s easy and delicious.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|1 lb (450 gram) of grounded pork|
|4 cloves of garlic, minced|
|2 yellow onions, finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 cup of shredded carrot|
|1 cup of shredded cabbage|
|2 cups of shredded taro root|
|1 small package, 1.7 oz (50 gram) of bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water, drained and chopped|
|1 package, 25 pieces of spring roll shells|
|1 egg , use egg white only|
|6 cups of vegetable oil for fry spring rolls|
Directions to make Khmer Taro Pork Spring Roll
- In a large bowl, mix grounded meat with garlic, onion, salt, fish sauce, sugar and black pepper.
- Add shredded carrot, cabbage, taro root and bean thread noodle, mix wells and set a side.
- Gentle pulls out each spring roll shell to separate from other shells.
- Lay one sheet flat on a cutting board or plate, spoons some meat filling and put on 1/3 of the shell.
- Wrap meat filling in spring roll shell, roll it tight and seal the end with egg white. Continue make spring roll till filling gone. This recipe makes 25 large spring rolls.
- If you haven’t made spring roll before, look at the back of the covered spring roll pastry package, it has illustrated instruction for you to follow.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok in medium temperature.
- When oil is hot, deep fry spring roll till it golden brown.
- Removed spring rolls and rest it up right in a colander covered with paper towel to drained excessive oil.
Serve hot with lettuce, fresh mix herbs and sweet fish sauce dipping.
Related: Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 827