Calories in serving100
Crispy sliced spicy fried beef with crisp lettuce and tangy, sweet orange sauce is delicious Khmer salad. Back home, due to poverty many Khmer and Khmer reserves orange beef salad for special occasions or wedding. Khmer recipe used fish sauce, but you may substitute for soy sauce. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Orange Beef Salad with me.
|sirloin beef, sliced thin||0.25 kg|
|Tablespoon fish sauce, or soy sauce||1|
|Tablespoon fresh or frozen minced lemon grass||1|
|Clove garlic, minced||1|
|Chili pepper, minced (option)||2|
|Tablespoons All purpose flour||2|
|Cup vegetable oil for deep fried beef||1|
|Cup orange juice||½|
|Tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice||½|
|Tablespoon light brown sugar||1|
|Small yellow onion, sliced||1|
|Red or green bell pepper, sliced||1|
|Head of lettuce, chopped||½|
|handful of fresh mint leaves||A|
Directions to make Orange Beef Salad
- In a large bowl, put beef with soy sauce, lemon grass, garlic, sugar, and chili pepper together, mix well, add flour, mix well and set it a side.
- Pre-heat oil in a skillet or wok with high temperature.
- When oil is hot, deep fry marinated beef till it crispy. Removes fried beef from skillet, put it on a paper towel covered plate to drain excessive oil.
- Pour remaining oil still in skillet out, but keep approx 1-tablespoon oil in the skillet for making sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice with water, lime juice, brown sugar and salt and cornstarch together, mix well, set a side
- Heat up same hot skillet on the stove, add onion and bell pepper, sauté till onion soften. Pour orange prepared orange juice over, stirs till sauce thicken.
- Put chopped lettuce on center of a plate, add fried beef on top and pour orange sauce over. Top with more lettuce and mint leaves and serve immediately.
- Serve as appetizer *mahope-sar* or with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Asian recipes