Calories in serving100
Yummy thick, rich and starchy soup with grated purple yam, and shrimp is one of many wonderful recipes from America. In America, yam often confused with sweet potato. Yam and sweet potato are from different plant species. Depending on the variety, a yam’s flesh may be various shades off white, yellow, purple, or pink, and the skin from off-white to dark brown color. Yam range from a size of sweet potato up to 100 lbs. You can find fresh or frozen yam at Asian markets or African markets. It is one of the best American recipes in USA. US people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Purple Yam Soup with me.
|Shrimp, peeled, de-veined and grounded||0.25 kg|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||2|
|Cups fresh grated purple yam, or 1 package frozen grated purple yam||2|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Cup chopped sweet basil leaves,(option)||1/3|
Directions to make Purple Yam Soup
- In a small bowl, put shrimp, salt, black pepper and ½ amount of green onion together, mix well and set a side.
- Put water in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
- Add purple yam in to the boiling water, stirs well, cook till purple yam tender.
- Add marinated shrimp, stirs well till shrimp turn darker color pink.
- Seasoning with fish sauce and sugar.
- Top with the remaining green onion and basil leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Cambodia cooking