Red Curry Shrimp and Tofu
Spicy red curry soup with shrimp, tofu and coconut milk is Sino-Khmer food from Cambodia. Back home we make red curry sauce from scratch that take time to prepared.
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|2 tablespoons of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass (option)|
|1 canned 4 oz (113 gram) of red curry paste|
|1 cup of coconut milk|
|2 cups of water|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|1 lb (450 gram) of large or medium size shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|4 pieces firm tofu, cut into small cubes|
Directions to make Red Curry Shrimp and Tofu
- Heat up a wok or soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and lemon grass, stirs well.
- Add red curry paste, coconut milk and water, stirs well.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Add shrimp and tofu, stirs well, cook till shrimp turns darker pink color.
Serve hot with rice, noodles or with Italian or French bread.
Related Recipe: Sweet Sour and Spicy Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 1012