Calories in serving120
One of Sino-Khmer favorite holiday recipes to cook for Chinese New Year is stir-fry shrimp with crisp pickle lotus. This recipe is quick, easy and delicious. Great for serve as appetizer (mahope sar) or serve with rice along with a salty dish such as caramelized pork and egg with coconut juice. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food. Let’s start to make Shrimp and Pickle Lotus Stems with me.
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Yellow onion or 6 scallions, sliced||1|
|Shrimp, peeled and deveined||0.50 kg|
|Pickle lotus stems, rinsed and drained||0.50 kg|
|Tablespoon soy sauce||1|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||1|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||2|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|handful chopped cilantro (option)||A|
Directions to make Shrimp and Pickle Lotus Stems
- Pre heat a skillet or wok.
- When wok is hot, add oil, garlic, yellow onion (or scallions), shrimp and lotus stems, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color.
- Seasoning with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and salt, stirs well.
- Add green onion and black pepper, stirs.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food Cooking, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipe