Calories in serving100
This salad recipe with boiled shrimp, cabbage, fresh herbs and gingery lime sauce is absolutely delicious Khmer country food. Very easy to make and great dish to serve with rice or as an appetizer*mahope sar*. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Shrimp Salad with me.
|Tablespoons fresh lime juice||3|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||1|
|Tablespoon grated fresh ginger root||1|
|Yellow sweet onion, sliced||1|
|Cabbage head, shredded(approx 6 cups)||½|
|Bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin||1|
|handful of chopped mix herbs; (mint , cilantro , sweet basil leaves )||A|
|Cup unsalted roasted peanut, crushed||1|
Directions to make Shrimp Salad
- Cook water in a small pot, add shrimp to boiling water and cook till shrimp turned pink color. Pour cooked shrimp in to a colander, rinsed with cold water, peeled, deveined and set it a side.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice with sugar, fish sauce, salt and ginger together, mix well, add onion, stirs and set a side.
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage with bell pepper and shrimps together, pour prepared lime sauce over, mix well, add mix herbs, mix well.
- Top with peanut before serve.
- Serve with rice along with sweet fish sauce.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipe