Calories in serving120
Shrimp with crisp yu choy (Chinese flowering cabbage) soup is delicious Khmer country food. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends.
|Shrimp,peeled and chopped||0.25 kg|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||2|
|Tablespoons fish sauce ( if use with pickle or fermented fish add only 1 tablespoon fish sauce)||2|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Tablespoons minced fresh or frozen lemon grass||2|
|yu choy, cut 3 inches in length,washed, rinsed||0.45 kg|
|Tablespoon pickle fish (pahok) or fermented fish (mam) ( option)||1|
|Tablespoons roasted rice powder||2|
Directions to make Shrimp and Yu Choy Soup
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp with green onion, sugar, fish sauce and black pepper together, set it a side.
- Put water and lemon grass in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
- Put yu choy to boiling water, cook till yu choy tender.
- Add marinated shrimp and cook till shrimp turns darker pink color.
- Add *pahok* or *mam* and roasted rice powder. (option)
- Serve hot with rice.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes, Cambodia cooking