Shrimp with Yu Choy Soup
Shrimp with Yu Choy Soup is delicious Khmer recipe. It is easy to make, all you need Chinese flowering cabbage and shrimp cook together with few ingredients.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of shrimp, peeled and chopped|
|2 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce ( if use with pickle or fermented fish add only 1 tablespoon fish sauce)|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|4 cups of water|
|2 tablespoons of minced fresh or frozen lemon grass|
|1 lb (450 gram) of yu choy, cut 3 inches in length,washed, rinsed|
|1 tablespoon of pickle fish (pahok) or fermented fish (mam) ( option)|
|2 tablespoons of roasted rice powder|
Directions to make Shrimp with Chinese flowering cabbage
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp with green onion, sugar, fish sauce and black pepper together, set it a side.
- Put water and lemon grass in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
- Put yu choy to boiling water, cook till yu choy tender.
- Add marinated shrimp and cook till shrimp turns darker pink color.
- Add *pahok* or *mam* and roasted rice powder. (option)
Serve hot with rice.
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 539