|Snakehead fish or trout||0.90 kg|
|Grounded pork||0.25 kg|
|Cup (already soaked and chopped) bean thread noodle||½|
|Cup(already soaked and chopped) dried banana flowers||¼|
|Cup (already soaked and chopped)black fungus mushroom||¼|
|Stalks green onion, chopped||2|
|Tablespoon fish sauce||½|
|Tablespoon soy sauce||½|
|Teaspoon black pepper||¼|
|Strings long enough to secure fish||1|
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Yellow onion, sliced||1|
|Cup already peeled and sliced carrot||1|
|Cupalready peeled and sliced daikon||1|
|Canned chicken broth||2|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||1|
|dash black pepper||A|
|Cup chopped cilantro||½|
|Watercress, rinsed and drained||0.25 kg|
Khmer love hot pot. In Cambodia, normally hot pot is reserve for special occasions, such as reunion or wedding. Authentic Khmer recipe makes with stuffed snakehead fish (trey tok), but any fresh water, white meat fish work just fine. Savoring stuffed boneless trout with grounded pork is very yummy.
- Clean fish; remove scales, gut, but leave it head and tail on.Using sharp knife to make an opening on both sizes of fish back to separated meat from the bones but leave one side with the tail on. Carefully cut out bones from fish neck and at tail end with kitchen scissors, remove remaining bones along the fish belly, and set it a side.
- In a small bowl, mix grounded pork with bean thread noodle, banana flower, mushroom, green onion, fish sauce, soy sauce and black pepper, mix well.
- Stuffs prepared meat in middle of fish and closed it by tie strings on both ends to secured stuffing.
- Pre heat a frying pan or wok.
- When frying pan is hot, add oil and fish, pan-fry stuffed fish till both sides golden brown.
- Arranges onion, carrot and daikon on top fish and pour chicken broth over.
- Seasoning with sugar, fish sauce and dash of black pepper.
- Top with cilantro and removed string before serve.
- Serve hot with rice along with watercress.
Place a portable stove in the center of dinning table, put the soup pot on top, dips fresh watercress in boiling hot pot when eat.
Most Khmer Krom prefer this hot pot with rice but also good for serve as mahope sar.