Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert
Palm fruit is a very delicious jelly like fruit which is highly nutritious too. They are seasonal fruits that we find in summer. I have loved them since childhood and have had them in many ways. Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert is delicious and easy to make.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|1 cup of glutinous rice soaked (1 hr) and strained|
|1/2 cup of white tapioca pearl/sago soaked (10 mins) and strained|
|1 tin palm fruit (200 gram), drained and sliced 1 cm thick|
|1 cup of coconut milk/cream|
|1/2 teaspoon of sea salt|
|1/2 cup of palm sugar|
|2 cup of water|
Directions to make Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert
- Put water to a medium size pot and bring to boil.
- Add rice and cook for 15 mins over medium heat.
- Next add palm fruit, sugar, salt and half of the coconut. Stir gently over low heat and let it simmer until the rice softens.
- And add sago and stir gently until the sago becomes translucent.
- Turn off heat and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Using a ladle, pour into individual bowls. Finish with 1 tbsp of remaining coconut cream on the top in each bowls.
Serve warm. If left over, keep refrigerated for up to 2 days and reheat in pot.
Related Recipe: Khmer Taro Pork Spring Roll
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 488