Calories in serving110
Palm fruit is a very delicious jelly like fruit which is highly nutritious too. They are seasonal fruits that we find in summer. I have loved them since childhood and have had them in many ways. It is a popular Asian recipe, especially in Cambodia enjoy cooking this food serve as dessert. It is my best choose, Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert.
|cup glutinous rice soaked (1hr) and strained||1|
|cup white tapioca pearl/sago soaked (10 mins) and strained||½|
|tin palm fruit (200 g), drained and sliced 1 cm thick||1|
|cup coconut milk/cream||1|
|tsp sea salt||½|
|cup palm sugar||½|
Directions to make Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert
- Put water to a medium size pot and bring to boil.
- Add rice and cook for 15 mins over medium heat.
- Next add palm fruit, sugar, salt and half of the coconut. Stir gently over low heat and let it simmer until the rice softens.
- And add sago and stir gently until the sago becomes translucent.
- Turn off heat and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Using a ladle, pour into individual bowls. Finish with 1 tbsp of remaining coconut cream on the top in each bowls.
- Serve warm.
- If left over, keep refrigerated for up to 2 days and reheat in pot.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer and Cambodia Food, Khmer recipe , Asian recipes, Sugar Palm Fruit Dessert