Calories in serving100
Aroma sweet, sour and spicy soup with fish is delicious authentic Khmer country food. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food for serving their family and friends. Let’s start to make Sweet Sour Soup with Fish with me.
|Tablespoon vegetable oil||1|
|Cloves garlic, chopped||2|
|Cup minced lemon grass||¼|
|Whole basa, catfish or any white meat fish approx 0.90 kg, cleaned and cut chunks, or 1 lb fish fillet, cut chunks||1|
|Fresh pineapple, diced, or 1 large canned chunk pineapple||½|
|Fresh okra or 6 oz frozen whole okra||0.25 kg|
|Stalk celery, chopped||1|
|Stalks Asian rhubarb (taro stalk), sliced||2|
|Tablespoons Knorr tamarind powder||1½|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Tomatoes, sliced chunks||2|
|Bean sprouts||0.12 kg|
|Cup chopped mix herbs; rice paddy herb, sweet basil and saw leaf herb||1|
|Stalk green onion, chopped||1|
|Chopped hot chili pepper, or to your taste(option)||2|
Directions to make Sweet Sour Soup with Fish
- Heat up a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil and saute’ garlic till it brown, removed toasted garlic and set it a side. Add lemon grass, stirs, add water, cook till water bubbling.
- Put fish, pineapple(included pineapple juice if using canned) to boiling water, cook till fish tender.
- Add okra, celery and Asian rhubard, stirs well.
- Seasoning with tamarind powder, sugar, fish sauce, and salt.
- Add tomatoes and bean sprouts, stirs well.
- Top with mix herbs, green onion, hot chili pepper and toasted garlic before serve.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Note: For sourer soup add more tamarind powder, add more sugar for sweeter soup.
Enjoy it with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food Cooking, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipes