Sweet Sour and Spicy Shrimp Soup
Mouth watering sweet, sour, spicy shrimp soup is delicious and easy to make. When you make this soup, it is important that you taste the soup and seasoning to your liking. Sweeter add more sugar, and sourer add more tamarind powder.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|1 tablespoon of vegetable oil|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|4 cups of water|
|1 cup of chunk fresh pineapple or 1 (8 oz or 113 gram) canned chunks of pineapple|
|1/2 tablespoon of Knorr tamarind powder|
|2 tablespoons of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/2 lb (225 gram) of large shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|2 stalks of Asian rhubarb, peeled and sliced|
|1 small tomato, sliced|
|2 cups of bean sprout|
|1 stalk of green onion, chopped|
|A handful chopped rice paddy herb and sweet basil leaves|
|2 chopped hot chili pepper(option)|
Directions to make Sweet Sour and Spicy Shrimp Soup
- Heat up a small saucepan on another burner, when it hot add oil and garlic, sauté garlic till it light brown color, when done, set a side.
- Put water and pineapple in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
- Seasoning soup stock with tamarind soup base powder, sugar and fish sauce.
- Add shrimp and Asian rhubarb to soup stock, stirs well, cook till soup bubbling.
- Add tomato and bean sprouts, stirs well.
- Top with green onion, rice paddy herb, sweet basil leaves and chili pepper.
- Pour garlic oil into soup pot.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Pea Shoots and Basa Fish Soup
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 599