|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Cloves garlic, chopped||2|
|Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass||¼|
|Whole Asian catfish or Basa, approx 0.90 kg, clean and cut chunks||1|
|water spinach, cut about 2 or 3 inches in length, washed and drained||0.75 kg|
|Tablespoons fish sauce||2|
|Tablespoon sugar||0.75 kg|
|Tablespoon tamarind powder||1|
|Cup chopped mix herbs( rice paddy herb, saw leaves , and sweet basil leaves)||0.25 kg|
|Chopped hot chili pepper||3|
Sweet, sour and spicy soup with water spinach and fish is Khmer country food. This delicious recipe is very easy.
- Pre-heat a large soup pot.
- When soup pot is hot, add oil, saute’ garlic till it turns brown but not burn, removed toasted garlic and set it a side.
- Add lemon grass in soup pot with hot oil, stirs well, add water and cook till water bubbling.
- Add fish in to boiling water, cook till fish tender then add water spinach, stirs.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and tamarind powder, stirs well.
- Top with chopped mix herbs, chili pepper and toasted garlic.
- Serve hot with rice.