Thai Rice noodle with Peanut Sauce
I made this Thai Rice noodle with Peanut Sauce at home, also known as Pad Thai. This recipe made from the slippery noodles, signature sweet-savory flavor, sprinkle of peanuts and tang from lime, this is a Thai food favorite for good reason.
|8 oz (230 gram) of dried rice noodle|
|1 cup of sliced chicken, pork, or shrimp|
|1 cup of broccoli|
|1 cup of slice bell pepper|
|1/2 onion slice|
|1 tablespoon of minced garlic|
|2 green onions for garnish|
|Bean sprouts and crush peanut for garnish|
Peanut sauce for stir fry
|1/4 cup of chicken broth|
|2 tablespoon of peanut butter|
|2 tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|2 tablespoon of coconut milk|
|2 tablespoon of tamarind concentrate|
|2 tablespoon of brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon of crush chili (optional)|
|1/2 teaspoon of curry powder or 1 tablespoon of red curry paste|
|2 tablespoon of chopped cilantro for garnish|
Directions to make Thai Rice noodle with Peanut Sauce
- Soak rice noodle in warm water for 15 minutes, drain wash and cook in boiling water for 1 minutes drain under cool running water. Set aside. The rice noodle will stick together when cold so rinse it again under cold water it will separate the noodle before stir fry.
- In a sauce pan mix the sauce ingredients until hot and the peanut butter melted. Turn the heat off. Let the sauce cool down.
- In a wok or fry pan heat 2 T of vegetable or olive oil
- Add garlic stir fry until brown
- Add meat cook till the meat is almost done
- Add all the vegetables stir fry for about 2 minutes
- Add the noodle and stir fry until the noodle is hot
- Then push the noodle aside
- Add one egg crumble mix with the noodle and vegetables
- Add half of the sauce first stir fry it if is not enough sauce add a bit more sauce to it.
- Fresh noodle and dried noodle is different in amount when cook.
- Turn the heat off
- Now add green onion, cilantro and bean sprouts for garnish mix well.
Serve with lime wedge and hot chili sauce
Note: this stir fry noodle dried quickly so add the rest of the sauce as you serve. I don’t want to add all the sauce at once time because it will soak in the noodle and if you don’t eat right away it won’t taste good, add more sauce while serving.
Related Recipe: Homemade No Bake Cookies Recipe
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 597