Calories in serving100
My favorite Khmer vegetarian noodle soup with Rhizome roots has the same delicious taste with our famous Num pa-chok tirk ka-chuii (Khmer noodles soup with Rhizome roots) but without meat. Soup made with spicy mushroom stock flavor with Rhizome root, galanga root, lemon grass and tofu, serve over rice vermicelli noodle and crisp vegetables. It is one of the best Asian recipes in South East Asia. Cambodian people like to prefer cooking this kind of food. Let’s start to make Vegetarian Khmer Noodle Soup with Rhizome Roots with me.
|Package rice vermicelli noodles||½|
|Cups shredded cabbage||2|
|Cucumber,peeled and julienne||1|
|handful chopped mint||A|
|oz. Button mushroom||8|
|Piece( size of a finger) fresh galanga root, or 4 slices of frozen galanga root||1|
|Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass||½|
|Tablespoon minced fresh or frozen finger rhizome roots||1|
|Chili pepper or to your taste (option)||2|
|Tablespoons vegetable oil||2|
|Pieces firm tofu, mashed or crumbled||2|
Directions to make Vegetarian Khmer Noodle Soup with Rhizome Roots
- Put 5 cups water in a large pot, cook till water bubbling, add noodles in boiling water and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed with cold water, drained and set a side.
- In a large bowl, mix shredded cabbage, cucumber and mint together, set a side.
- Put mushroom, scallions, galanga and water in a large soup pot, covered with lid and cook for 20 minutes. Removed mushroom, scallion and galanga from the pot, keep broth simmering on the stove.
- Using mortar and pestle to pounded lemongrass, rhizome roots, garlic and chili pepper together real fine, set a side.
- On another burner, pre-heat a small skillet, when skillet is hot, add oil and prepared spices, stirs, add tofu, stirs well.
- Add saute’ tofu in with soup broth, stirs and simmering till soup bubbling.
- Seasoning with sugar and salt, stirs well.
- Put some mix vegetables in a bowl, add some cooked noodle and pour hot soup stock on top.
- Serve immediately with crushed chili pepper salt and sliced lime.
Enjoy Special grilled stuffed chicken wings with me
Search Term: Khmer Food, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Food Cooking, Khmer recipe, Cambodian Dessert, Asian recipe