White Yam with Pork Soup
Starchy white yam with grounded pork soup is delicious Khmer country food. This easy recipe is also very good with fillet basa fish or snakehead fish*trey tok*.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|1/2 lb (255 gram) of grounded pork|
|1 tablespoons of fish sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|2 stalks green onion, chopped|
|4 cups of water|
|1 lb (450 gram) of white yam, peeled and grated (approx 2 cups)|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|6 fresh saw leaves herb *chee pala*, chopped|
Directions to make White Yam with Pork Soup
- In a small bowl, mix grounded pork with 1 tablespoon fish sauce,black pepper and green onion. Mix well and set a side.
- Put water in a soup pot and cook till water bubbling boiled.
- Add prepared grounded pork and yam to boiling water and cook till yam tender. Stirs often.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Top with saw leaves herb.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Pork with Taro Root Soup
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 1054