Yu Choy with Taro and Shrimp Ball Soup
Shrimp balls with yu choy and taro root soup is very common in Cambodia. This delicious soup is very easy to cook, all you need Yu Choy and Taro, you can add shrimp or other meat base on your reference.
|1 lb (450 gram) of shrimp, peeled, de-veined and grounded|
|1/4 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of black pepper|
|3 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|1 cup of cubes taro root|
|4 cups of water|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of yu choy,cut off roots and cut 2 inches in length|
|1/2 tablespoon of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of fish sauce|
Directions to make Yu Choy with Taro and Shrimp Ball Soup
- In a small bowl, put grounded shrimp with salt, black pepper and ½ amount of chopped green onion, mix well, use your hands to rolls marinated shrimp in to small ball. When done set a side.
- Put taro root and water in a soup pot, cook till taro root tender.
- Add shrimp ball in to soup pot and yu choy, cook till shrimp ball turns darker pink color.
- Seasoning soup with sugar and fish sauce.
- Top with remaining green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Related Recipe: Loofah Soup with Shrimp
Serving Size: 1
Calories Per Serving: 873