Cambodian Fish Noodle Soup
Khmer noodle soup with fish and finger rhizome root is very delicious. It is one of the traditional Cambodian recipes. Let’s learn to cook Cambodian Fish Noodle Soup with me.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|1 package of rice vermicelli noodle|
|8 cups of water|
|2 lbs (900 gram) of Filet Snake head fish, basa fish or catfish|
|4 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon of minced fresh or frozen finger rhizome roots|
|1/2 cup of fresh or frozen minced lemon grass|
|1 tablespoon of minced fresh galanga root, or frozen galanga root|
|2 chili pepper (option)|
|1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, or 1/2 teaspoon of grated fresh turmeric root (option)|
|2 tablespoons of roasted rice powder|
|2 stalks of green onion, chopped|
|2 tablespoons of vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of creamy style pickle fish *pahok*|
Directions to make Cambodian Fish Noodle Soup
- Cook 8 cups water in a large pot till water bubbling, and then add noodle to boiling water and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinses under cold water and set it a side to drain.
- In a large pot, cook 6 cups water till water bubbling, add fish to boiling warer and cook till fish tender.
- Removed cooked fish from soup pot, put fish in a large bowl and keep soup stock simmering on the stove.
- Using a fork to breaks down cooked fish to small pieces, set it a side.
- In a blender, put garlic, finger rhizome root, lemongrass, galanga root,chili pepper, turmeric, roasted rice powder, green onion and 1 cup fish broth, blended well and set it a side.
- Heat up a skillet or wok.
- When wok is hot, add oil and prepared spices, stirs, add cooked fish, stirs well, pour it in with soup broth and cook till broth bubbling.
- Seasoning with fish sauce,sugar and creamy style pickle fish(pahok), simmering for 15 minutes before serve.
In a serving bowl, put some mix vegetables(bean sprouts mix with shredded cabbage, cucumber, banana blossom and mint), put some cooked noodle on top noodle and pour hot soup over. Serve immediately.
Related: Corn Pudding Dessert
Serving Size: 4
Calories Per Serving: 855