Chicken and Mix vegetables Sour Soup
Homemade style Chicken and Mix vegetables Sour Soup is super easy to make at home and takes all of 30 minutes from start to finish! It’s got that perfect hot and sour flavor that everyone loves for the day.
|2 chicken breasts cut to bite site you can also use prawn or shrimp|
|1 small Wax Gourd cut to 1 inch long (Asian squash)|
|1 tomato slice it length wise|
|1/2 cup of fresh or can pineapple chunk|
|1 cup of water lily in a jar|
|3 pieces of sliced Galangal pound them flat to give flavor to the soup|
|4 cloves of garlic pound them flat|
|1 tablespoon of tamarind soup base|
|1 tablespoon of Knorr chicken soup base|
|3 tablespoon of fish sauce|
|1 teaspoon of sugar more or less up to you|
|4 cups of water or chicken broth|
|Herbs for garnish|
|2 Green onions cut to 1 inch long for garnish|
|2 Saw leaves cut to ½ inch long for garnish|
|1/4 cup of Thai basil cut to ½ inch long for garnish|
|1/4 cup of rice paddy herb for garnish|
|1 tablespoon fried shallots or garlic for garnish|
Directions to make Chicken and Mix vegetables Sour Soup
- In a medium pot bring the water or chicken broth to a boil.
- When the water is boiled add galangal, garlic, cook on medium heat for 3 minutes to infuse the flavor
- Then add the chicken cook until the meat turn white
- Add Wax gourd cook until the gourd is tender
- Add pineapple,water lily, tamarind soup base, fish sauce, sugar, cook for 2-3 minutes make sure the wax gourd is soft
- Add tomato slices and fried shallots or fried garlic
- Turn the heat off
- Let it sit for 3 minutes with lid open (so the herbs don’t cook all the way)
- Then add Saw leaves, green onions, rice paddy herb, and Thai basil.
Serve hot with cooked rice.
Note: this soup will not taste right without the saw leaves, green onion, rice paddy herb, and Thai basil.
Related Recipe: Cambodian Lemongrass Paste
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 509