Chinese Egg Drop Soup Recipe
This restaurant-style Chinese Egg Drop Soup Recipe only takes about 15 minutes to make at home and tastes even better and healthier than the restaurant version.
Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight…
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
|4 cups of chicken broth, 2 small cans.|
|2 eggs beat well|
|1 green onion chop|
|1 tablespoon of chop chives (optional)|
|1 ½ tablespoon of soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil|
|1/2 teaspoon of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon of white pepper or more if you like.|
|2 teaspoon of white vinegar|
|1/4 cup of chopped Napa Cabbage|
|1 tablespoon of cornstarch|
|3 tablespoon of water|
|Mix the cornstarch and water set aside|
Directions to make Chinese Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- This soup might look easy to you when you go out to eat at the restaurant. It is easy, but if you don’t know how to drop the egg you soup will turn to mash.
- In a cup that has small tip like any measuring cup. Break the egg and beat well. Set aside.
- In a medium pot put 4 cups of chicken broth and the white part of Napa Cabbage first. When the broth is boiling add the rest of Napa Cabbage let it cook for 1 minute add the cornstarch mixture stir until well then turn the heat off. (note cornstarch can make your soup too thick so add a little at a time)
- Take your eggs and about 10 inches of the hot pot pour your egg very slowly at the same time get a fork and stir the egg only one direction for 1 minute. This will help you make a very smooth and silky egg thread and it won’t lump. If you pour the egg too fast it will become a big lump and your soup will not look good. Don’t pour your egg in with the stove on always turn your stove off first. This will allow the egg to cook in hot soup broth and the egg will turn silky and smooth with long thread by stirring in clock direction.
- Next you add all the ingredients into the soup and taste your soup with salt and white pepper.
- For the vegetable you can use frozen pea, fresh mushroom, or dried mushroom, frozen corn or carrot as long as you chop them in small pieces.
NOTE: Egg drop soup is always serve hot, don’t cook it if you don’t eat right away. Serve with Chinese fried rice.
Related Recipe: Pickle Green Mustard with Pork Soup
Serving Size: 2
Calories Per Serving: 143